Monday, June 9, 2014

Teddy Bear Christmas

This is the second card I made today. Keep scrolling down for the first one or click HERE.

I really love the way the water-colouring on the teddy bear came out. I've always struggled with the water colour technique but I  love the effect so much that I keep on trying to get it right. This is pretty darn close and my best so far, I think.

Oh, I guess I got a little ahead of myself. That's how excited I am about how it turned out.

Challenges I played along with for this card: 4 Crafty Chicks (Christmas theme), Merry Monday (add a Santa hat), and Sweet Sunday Sketch:
Now you see why I was all excited about the bear. Ain't he just too cute, with his Santa hat on.
 
The stamp set is called Button Bear from so long ago it is mounted on foam squares, so before clear blocks were used, even before wood blocks. The designer paper is also retired from the Ski Slope pack.

That's all for today folks! I am going to stay in the craft space a wee bit longer but not to play. I am going to prep for my Crafty Inkettes United group for next Tuesday and actually be ahead for once (ok maybe it happened a time or two more but not lately), that rarely happens.

Hopefully it stops raining long enough so I can get outside today too, even if it's just for 1/2 an hour.

11 comments:

  1. That bear is so cute and I still have this stamp set too! Very cute with his little Santa Hat! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute and you have every right to be proud of your watercoloring...it's perfect! Great card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bear! He's a cutie patootie! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bear is just darling,nice card.Joyce Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little bear is just darling.nice card.Joyce Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your darling teddy bear and super cute card design! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this bear and you've painted him perfectly! Love the papers you used with him too! Thanks for sharing him with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bear is super cute! I love, love, the paper (color combo and designer), your layout and that present is awesome! Great inspiration :) Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Christmas Challenge

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet bear with his Santa hat. Great job on the watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card Diane, your bear is so sweet. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, love it. What an adorable bear and your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete